• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a MEMBER to access the recipe sections of the forum. Please REGISTER and then become a MEMBER by following the link below:

Membership gives you FULL ACCESS to:

• OVER 300 BIR-STYLE MAIN DISH CURRY RECIPES
    • OVER 300 BIR-STYLE STARTERS, ACCOMPANIMENTS & SIDE DISH RECIPES
    • OVER 100 BIR-STYLE CURRY BASE RECIPES
    • OVER 100 ANCILLARY RECIPES NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR BIR-STYLE CURRIES
    • OVER 100 TRADITIONAL & OTHER NON-BIR STYLE CURRY RECIPES

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

Membership Payment

Become a Member of the forum and access around 1000 British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style curry recipes!
Admin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
Favourite Curries: King Prawn Phal
England

Membership Payment

Post by Admin »

Members have unlimited access to the forum (including access to all of the recipe sections of the forum). Please click on the PayPal icon below to pay to become a Member of the forum (right click and "open in new tab" or "open in new window" will ensure that this window remains open):

Please remember to change the currency to GBP (£s) - unless you wish to pay the equivalent amount in Australian dollars (which would be preferable since it would minimise costs all round). You are welcome to pay in any another currency, but please use the correct exchange rate applicable at the time of payment.

Upon making a payment of £5 (net of any PayPal transaction fees*), your account status will be changed to Member for 6 months.

*Please note that this is a net amount, after any PayPal deductions for any transaction fees. Net amounts, less than £5, will be rejected (or the period of membership will be reduced accordingly).

Your membership status will be updated once your donation has been received but

please allow 24 hours for the change to take effect since it is currently a manual process.

Please note that you can minimise the PayPal transaction fees by paying using your PayPal balance and with no foreign exchange transactions. Payment using credit cards and/or foreign exchange transactions generally incur additional transaction fees (which can be somewhat exorbitant). Since transaction fees vary depending on the country in which you reside, please refer to the relevant PayPal fees for your country. The following are links to PayPal fees for some common countries of origin of our members:

United Kingdom
United States of America
Canada
Australia

As far as I'm aware, the total PayPal charges are confirmed before you approve your payment.

Please message me if you would like to pay using an alternative method or if you would like me to rather email or text you a request for payment. You do not need a PayPal account to pay a PayPal request. You can pay using direct debit, credit card, etc (allowing for any associated transfer costs).

Please make a note of your forum username on your donation transaction since I need to relate your donation to your forum username to be able to update your account.

Alternatively, please ensure that you message me to confirm your forum username and the details associated with your donation (e.g. the name and email address associated with the transaction) so that I can relate the two and update your account.

After 6 months, the status of a Member will revert to Registered User. The accounts of members who have made 0 posts will be deleted.

Please note the following:

- The status of Members confers no rights additional to those of Registered Users. The Terms & Conditions of Membership continue to apply as do all other forum policies.

- No donations will be refunded, nor compensation given, under any circumstances (in the case of a member being banned, in the case of the forum being disbanded, etc).

- A payment may be rejected, at the discretion of the owner of the forum, without a reason being given.

- All PayPal transaction fees will be borne by the Member (even In the event that a donation is rejected or reimbursed).

When your account is update you will be automatically notified by email (provided you have the notification option enabled in your User Control Panel and your email address is valid). You will receive email notifications as follows:

- that you have been added to the "Member" group
- that you have been removed from the "Newly Registered User" and/or "Registered User" groups

These group changes are necessary to give you the required permissions to access the recipe sections of the forum. Being "removed" from a group does not mean that you have been removed from the forum!

Related threads:

Categories of Forum Membership & Access Rights
Membership Legend
Last edited by Admin on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Administrator - BIRCurries.co.uk (aka Cory Ander)
Admin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
England

Re: Membership Payment

Post by Admin »

Please note:

When making a payment, please ensure that you supply me with a note of your forum username so that I can update your account. The easiest way is to make a note of your forum username with your PayPal payment. Otherwise, please send me a Personal Message or email me. I may not be able to update your account without it.

Once you've made your payment, please allow up to 24 hours for your account to be updated. It is a manual process so it not happen automatically or immediately.

When your account is update you will be automatically notified by email (provided you have the notification option enabled in your User Control Panel and your email address is valid). You will receive email notifications as follows:

- that you have been added to the "Member" group
- that you have been removed from the "Newly Registered User" and/or "Registered User" groups

These group changes are necessary to give you the required permissions to access the recipe sections of the forum. Being "removed" from a group does not mean that you have been removed from the forum!
Last edited by Admin on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: automatic email notifications removed
Admin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
England

Post by Admin »

Please note that members will no longer automatically receive email notifications of changes to their group. It was causing too much confusion (and, in some cases, angst), with some members incorrectly thinking that they'd been deleted from the forum!

Members will now have to check the status of their account instead (i.e. to confirm that their account has been updated to that of Member).
Admin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
England

Post by Admin »

Hi Moonwalker786.

Thanks for your membership payment. However, I have reimbursed it since the net amount (i.e. after USD$0.48 PayPal deductions) was only USD$4.52 (which is £3.41, at today's currency exchange rate).

Please note that the net amount should be £5 (which is USD$6.63 at today's current exchange rate).

Please feel free to resubmit the correct amount for Membership of the forum.

Regards,
Admin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
England

Post by Admin »

You can check that your payment has been received and that your account has been updated to "Member" by checking the colour of your forum username.

If your forum username is purple, your account has been updated and you can access the recipe sections of the forum. You need to allow 24 hours for this to happen (since it is manual process) although most accounts are updated a lot sooner.

Please send me a Personal Message (or email) If it has not been updated withing 24 hours.
Admin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
England

Post by Admin »

Please note that my internet is currently down due to my connection being frazzled by a thunder clap/lightening strike. Consequently, there may be a longer than normal delay in updating accounts (normally done within 24 hours - currently maybe 2 or 3 days). The Membership duration will commence when your account is updated (rather than when payment is received). Please bear with me whilst I resolve my internet connection issues (hopefully within the next week, or so)......

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Update (12/3/20) - now back up and running again....
Admin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
England

Post by Admin »

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PREFERRED WAY TO NOTIFY ME OF YOUR PAYMENT AND ASSOCIATED FORUM USERNAME IS TO
MAKE A NOTE OF YOUR FORUM USERNAME IN THE COMMENTS SECTION OF YOUR PAYPAL TRANSACTION.
I CAN THEN IMMEDIATELY ASSOCIATE YOUR PAYMENT WITH YOUR FORUM USERNAME AND UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT WITH MINIMAL DELAY.

ALTERNATIVELY, PLEASE SEND ME A PERSONAL MESSAGE NOTIFYING ME OF YOUR PAYMENT AND I WILL UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT. SOME PEOPLE DO NEITHER WHICH MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT. PLEASE DO ONE OR THE OTHER (PREFERABLY THE FORMER) OF THE ABOVE.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT
THE AMOUNT IS NET OF ANY PAYPAL DEDUCTIONS.
I AM STILL GETTING MANY PAYMENTS LESS THAN THE REQUIRED AMOUNT. PLEASE ALLOW FOR ANY DEDUCTIONS IN YOUR PAYMENT. PAYMENTS LESS THAN THE REQUIRED AMOUNT MAY BE REJECTED OR THE PERIOD OF MEMBERSHIP WILL BE REDUCED, PRORATA, ACCORDING TO THE REDUCED PAYMENT RECEIVED.

PLEASE ALLOW 24 HOURS FOR YOUR ACCOUNT TO BE UPDATED TO MEMBER.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND COOPERATION.
Admin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
England

Post by Admin »

Until now, Members have been notified, by Private/Personal Message (and by email - if they have selected this option in their User Control Panel), of when their Membership is due to expire. Notifications are usually sent around 1 to 2 weeks beforehand. Notifications take time and effort to administer.

However, since most Private/Personal Messages go unread, please note that, with immediate effect:

notifications will no longer be sent to inform Members that their Membership is due to expire.
Alpha1
JALAPENO
JALAPENO
Favourite Curries: Tikka masala
Great Britain

Post by Alpha1 »

I didn't realize my membership had expired. I have renewed via paypal.
Admin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
England

Post by Admin »

Dear Members,

Please note that around two thirds of paying Members pay a nett amount LESS than the required amount for membership.

Therefore, please note the following:

- The required amount is NETT OF ANY DEDUCTIONS/CHARGES. Please ensure that you ALLOW FOR ANY DEDUCTIONS when you make your payment.

- If you're converting currencies, please ensure that you USE THE CURRENT EXCHANGE RATE and and ALLOW FOR ANY TRANSFER FEES. PayPal deductions are normally around £0.60 per transaction.

- Any NETT payment LESS than the required NETT AMOUNT IS LIKELY TO BE REJECTED and any charges associated with the payment, and rejection of incorrect amounts, will be born by the PAYEE.

Thank you,
Admin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
England

Post by Admin »

Please note that around 80% of payments are less than the required amount of GBP£5. Please ensure that you factor in any transfer charges (generally around 60p) when making your payment.

Please note that, if you are within Australia, please feel free to pay the equivalent amount in Australian dollars (i.e. at the current exchange rate). Please ensure that you select the "friends and family" payment option to avoid PayPal charges.

Thank you
emlclcy
PIMENTO
PIMENTO
Favourite Curries: Alsorts
England

Post by emlclcy »

I have sent through my membership payment but not had any reply as yet, who should I be contacting?
Regards
Carl
Admin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
England

Post by Admin »

Hi Carl,

Your account was upgraded to "Member" on Tuesday 8th August (i.e. as soon as your payment was received). You can see this from the colour of your forum username (i.e. it is purple). Therefore, you should be able to access all recipe sections of the forum. Please let me know if you can't.