• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a MEMBER to access the recipe sections of the forum. Please REGISTER and then become a MEMBER by following the link below:

Membership gives you FULL ACCESS to:

• OVER 300 BIR-STYLE MAIN DISH CURRY RECIPES
    • OVER 300 BIR-STYLE STARTERS, ACCOMPANIMENTS & SIDE DISH RECIPES
    • OVER 100 BIR-STYLE CURRY BASE RECIPES
    • OVER 100 ANCILLARY RECIPES NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR BIR-STYLE CURRIES
    • OVER 100 TRADITIONAL & OTHER NON-BIR STYLE CURRY RECIPES

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

vacuum marinator

Chat about vacuum sealers
hs01
JALAPENO
JALAPENO

vacuum marinator

Post by hs01 »

Hi I have recently bought this item for making tikka :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-WHITE-CAR ... 4ac2792bd8

does anyone else use anything similar? and if so , how do you think the results compare?
Cory Ander
SENIOR MODERATOR
SENIOR MODERATOR
Favourite Curries: King Prawn Phal
England

Re: vacuum marinator

Post by Cory Ander »

Hi hs01,

Thanks for posting this. I don't have one, but maybe some other members do have one and can comment? I'd certainly like to purchase a vacuum sealer in the future (I can see the benefits).
CA (aka Admin) :)
Natterjak
CAYENNE
CAYENNE

Post by Natterjak »

I have one but haven't used it often, as the hassle of rescuing it from a cupboard and setting it up, then washing the thing afterwards has never seemed as appealing as the far simpler approach of just marinating stuff for a normal time period in the fridge.

I've also never done a proper back-to-back comparison of vacuum marinated versus normally marinated meat (with identical time duration) to see if the vacuum actually achieves anything.

I guess it's useful if you've failed to plan your meal and have to get some tikka done at short notice. But overall I have it down as one of those impulse purchases which seemed like a good idea at the time but is probably not all that useful in practice.
"Don't burn the spices" is the most dangerous truism of all - because it's incomplete. It should be "Don't burn the spices but do cook them!"
You'll never make BIR if you're too cautious frying your spices.....
Elmore123
PIMENTO
PIMENTO

Post by Elmore123 »

hs01 wrote:Hi I have recently bought this item for making tikka :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-WHITE-CAR ... 4ac2792bd8

does anyone else use anything similar? and if so , how do you think the results compare?

I bought a vacuum sealer a few months ago with the primary aim of sealing bulk meat. It came with three containers, and according to the instruction manual can be used to marinate. You put the meat and marinade into one of the containers and hook it up to the vacuum sealer. The idea is that the machine will create a vacuum, which opens the pores of the meat, then relaxes it. Does this several times which I presume gets the marinade into the meat. I haven't tried it yet, but this post has motivated me to try. Will report back.

Bob
pieman

Post by pieman »

Have you tried this out yet Bob?
Interested to hear your feedback.

Mark
Elmore123
PIMENTO
PIMENTO

Post by Elmore123 »

No, I haven't. Have been busy with home renovations for the past couple of months and have been neglecting my curries. It is now high up on my to do list.

Return to “Vacuum Sealers”