• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a MEMBER to access the recipe sections of the forum. Please REGISTER and then become a MEMBER by following the link below:

Membership gives you FULL ACCESS to:

• OVER 300 BIR-STYLE MAIN DISH CURRY RECIPES
    • OVER 300 BIR-STYLE STARTERS, ACCOMPANIMENTS & SIDE DISH RECIPES
    • OVER 100 BIR-STYLE CURRY BASE RECIPES
    • OVER 100 ANCILLARY RECIPES NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR BIR-STYLE CURRIES
    • OVER 100 TRADITIONAL & OTHER NON-BIR STYLE CURRY RECIPES

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

A quick BIR meal tonight

Photos of BIR & members' curries

PLEASE POST PHOTOS RELATING TO A SPECIFIC RECIPE IN THE ASSOCIATED RECIPE THREAD
Forum rules
Photos and discussions relating to a specific recipe to be posted in the associated recipe thread. Please start a new thread for a new (discrete) topic.
Lozman
PIMENTO
PIMENTO
Favourite Curries: Dhansak, Pathia, Vindaloo, Paratha, Saag Paneer

A quick BIR meal tonight

Post by Lozman »

A quick curry tonight following my preparation on Monday night - a massive new batch of CA's Curry Base now taking up a load of room in my freezer.

A new batch of CA's Mix Powder #1.

A simple Lentil Dhal (from CA's Tarka Dhal recipe) that I mixed in at the end to give it some more body. I love a Dhansak so this just seemed to be a good idea. I also froze about 5 portions of the Dhal to use again!

A simple Pilau rice which I winged the recipe on. It was basically...

Heat up some ghee. Fry a little diced onion and add clove, cinnamon, green cardamom, coriander seeds and a bay leaf. Add in the dry rice and coat before adding about 2 cups of water. Cook the rice to just done, then drain and put in the oven for 15 minutes to finish up with a touch of red food colouring.

I've basically resorted to cooking the rice this way rather than have it absorb all the water because that seems impossible to get right.

The curry was basically the base and a tablespoon of spice mix and a tsp of hot chili powder. Once it was almost ready I added dried Methi leaves and some fresh coriander.

All in all with the mint sauce, onion salad and popadums, it came out as a fairly tasty meal.
Curry Collage
Curry Collage
Next time I think I'll add some fresh chillies as it was still a little mild.

Cheers,
Lozman.
Tomar2020
JALAPENO
JALAPENO
Favourite Curries: Dhansak, Dupiaza, CTM, Madras
Portugal

Re: A quick BIR meal tonight

Post by Tomar2020 »

Looks really yummy -especially the rice. I wish someone would invent the iTaste Pad :yes:
Marktheshark
SERRANO
SERRANO
Favourite Curries: Keema bhuna, vindaloo, Madras
England

Re: A quick BIR meal tonight

Post by Marktheshark »

A veritable feast lozman, well done looks amazing!