• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a MEMBER to access the recipe sections of the forum. Please REGISTER and then become a MEMBER by following the link below:

Membership gives you FULL ACCESS to:

• OVER 300 BIR-STYLE MAIN DISH CURRY RECIPES
    • OVER 300 BIR-STYLE STARTERS, ACCOMPANIMENTS & SIDE DISH RECIPES
    • OVER 100 BIR-STYLE CURRY BASE RECIPES
    • OVER 100 ANCILLARY RECIPES NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR BIR-STYLE CURRIES
    • OVER 100 TRADITIONAL & OTHER NON-BIR STYLE CURRY RECIPES

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

Posting in the Members' Recipes Index

INDEX for member submitted recipes (LINKS only, NO recipes)
Forum rules
This section of the forum is an INDEX of links to the recipes of individual members (LINKS only, NO recipes, please). Please post in one of the sub-sections of the forum below. Please DO NOT post a New Topic in this section of the forum (which is an Index only)
Admin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
Favourite Curries: King Prawn Phal
England

Posting in the Members' Recipes Index

Post by Admin »

In this section, members can provide an index of (i.e. links to) all of their recipes, should they wish to do so. This will help other members more easily find all of their recipes.

Please do not post links to your recipes in this particular thread. Please request that Admin creates a new thread (i.e. an index of links to YOUR recipes) in this section of the forum.

Members will be given Moderator permissions, for their Recipe Index, so that they can edit and maintain their own recipe index (i.e. add links to new recipes) on an ongoing basis.

Please note that this section is for links to recipes only, not for recipes themselves or for discussions about recipes
Administrator - BIRCurries.co.uk (aka Cory Ander)
chukitinabukit
CAYENNE
CAYENNE

Re: Members' Recipes Index

Post by chukitinabukit »

Hi CA

I have a few more recipes to post in the near future, as per some members requests.
Would it be possible for you to set me up with my own recipe index?
This would at least leave me in no doubt where I should be posting any future recipes at least.

regards

Chukit
kimgary
SERRANO
SERRANO

Post by kimgary »

could you please add me to the recipe index

Kind Regards GJ (kimgary)
No one knows more than all of us.
Cory Ander
SENIOR MODERATOR
SENIOR MODERATOR
England

Post by Cory Ander »

You simply "add" yourself by creating a new topic (i.e. your own recipe index), in this section of the forum, kimgary.
CA (aka Admin) :)
Admin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
England

Post by Admin »

I have created a separate forum for each member who currently has a recipe index.

I have also assigned each member Moderator rights to their own forum (i.e. their own recipe index). This means that each member can now directly edit their own recipe index in order to maintain it (e.g. to add new links to new recipes).

Please let me know if you encounter any problems or if anyone else would also like to create and maintain their own recipe index.

Please note that these are an index (i.e. with links to recipes) and are not for posting the actual recipes. The actual recipes still get posted in the appropriate recipe section of the forum.
kimgary
SERRANO
SERRANO

Post by kimgary »

Nice one CA, just need to learn how to use a computer correctly now?
No one knows more than all of us.
TheCurryBible
JALAPENO
JALAPENO

Post by TheCurryBible »

Quick question, if I wanted to share my recipes "en masse" so to speak, could I create a recipe index that links to each recipe on my site? Or would I have to first copy the recipe from my site, on to the forum and then create an index of links to the forum recipes? Sorry if that sounds confusing, I kinda know what I'm trying to say, it would just mean I don't have to recreate each recipe individually. Thanks
Alchemist
BHUT JOLOKIA
BHUT JOLOKIA
Favourite Curries: Lamb Jalfrezi

Post by Alchemist »

Hi TCB. We would need you to copy the recipes across to this site please, it just ensures they don't go astray if the hyperlinks change.
Cory Ander
SENIOR MODERATOR
SENIOR MODERATOR
England

Post by Cory Ander »

Hi TCB,

My strong preference is that (as far as is practical) this forum is a repository, rather than a conduit, of information. The forum aims to be a "One-Stop" resource for anything to do with BIR curries. Therefore, my strong preference is that (should you be willing) you post your recipes on the forum rather than link to an external resource. You can then generate and maintain your own Recipe Index on the forum (I will need to set this up for you, so please let me know if you wish me to do so).
TheCurryBible
JALAPENO
JALAPENO

Post by TheCurryBible »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses, Cory, I've replied to your PM but it's sat in my out box, as opposed to my sent box, is this normal? Can you tell me if you've had the message?
Cory Ander
SENIOR MODERATOR
SENIOR MODERATOR
England

Post by Cory Ander »

Yes, that's normal, TCB. Messages stay in your "Outbox" until the recipient has read them. In the meantime, you are still able to edit and/or delete them, if you wish. Once they have been read, they move to your "Sent messages" box.
Admin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
England

Re: Posting in the Members' Recipes Index

Post by Admin »

If any member would like to maintain their own Recipe Index, of links to their recipes posted on the forum, please message me and I will create one for you.