• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a MEMBER to access the recipe sections of the forum. Please REGISTER and then become a MEMBER by following the link below:

Membership gives you FULL ACCESS to:

• OVER 300 BIR-STYLE MAIN DISH CURRY RECIPES
    • OVER 300 BIR-STYLE STARTERS, ACCOMPANIMENTS & SIDE DISH RECIPES
    • OVER 100 BIR-STYLE CURRY BASE RECIPES
    • OVER 100 ANCILLARY RECIPES NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR BIR-STYLE CURRIES
    • OVER 100 TRADITIONAL & OTHER NON-BIR STYLE CURRY RECIPES

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

Curry Cooking Locations

Photos of BIR & members' curries

PLEASE POST PHOTOS RELATING TO A SPECIFIC RECIPE IN THE ASSOCIATED RECIPE THREAD
Forum rules
Photos and discussions relating to a specific recipe to be posted in the associated recipe thread. Please start a new thread for a new (discrete) topic.
Bandit
SERRANO
SERRANO
Favourite Curries: Madras, Jalfrezi, Pathia, Ceylon.
Great Britain

Curry Cooking Locations

Post by Bandit »

Hi All,

Not long been back from a boating holiday on the Norfolk Broads but could not do without cooking a curry so I took all the ingredients with me both dry and pre-cooked with numerous small tub's as I am still clearing out the freezer to create more space.

The curry of choice was a Chicken Jalfrezi with Lamb Biriyani, Naan (shop bought), mint yogurt & salad which went down very well and I sure we were the envy of other boaters as the windows and sunroof were open and the smell was wafting around the Broads.
Chicken Jalfezi .JPG
Chicken Jalfezi .JPG (232.07 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
Ready to Eat .JPG
Ready to Eat .JPG (276.43 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
Moored up by the haunted medieval bridge of Potter Heigham with extra guests for good measure (who weren't allowed curry) pretty soon all plates were cleared and the evening rounded off by a suitable amount of alcohol, most acceptable.
Potter Heigham .JPG
Potter Heigham .JPG (162.22 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
Extra Guests .JPG
Extra Guests .JPG (141.93 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
So I was wondering if any other members have cooked curries in strange, out of the normal kitchen/garden/BBQ locations, with a multi national membership there must be a few different cooking locations out there, top of Uluru for the Southern hemisphere guy's or the Canadian Rockies, looking over the Grand Canyon or on a sandy Indian beach.

Or is it just me that takes curry ingredients with them wherever they go??

Cheers Captain Bandit :thumbup:
Cory Ander
SENIOR MODERATOR
SENIOR MODERATOR
Favourite Curries: King Prawn Phal
England

Re: Curry Cooking Locations

Post by Cory Ander »

Fish River Canyon (Ai Ais hot springs) in Namibia, for me (funnily enough, the "Grand Canyon" of Africa). Sorry, no photos of the curry (it was over 20 years ago) but here is the Fish River Canyon:

PS: The boats, on the Norfolk Broads, are a bit posher than the one we went on (45 years ago!) :tongue:

PPS: Might have to move this thread to "off-topic chat"?....... :hmmm:
CA (aka Admin) :)
Bandit
SERRANO
SERRANO
Favourite Curries: Madras, Jalfrezi, Pathia, Ceylon.
Great Britain

Re: Curry Cooking Locations

Post by Bandit »

Hi CA,

That looks a great view, very impressive never been to Nambia and they still have those boats on the Broads still plodding along, bit like us.

Please move this to the most appropriate location within the forum as to be honest I was unsure where to post it.

Cheers Bandit