• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a MEMBER to access the recipe sections of the forum. Please REGISTER and then become a MEMBER by following the link below:

Membership gives you FULL ACCESS to:

• OVER 300 BIR-STYLE MAIN DISH CURRY RECIPES
    • OVER 300 BIR-STYLE STARTERS, ACCOMPANIMENTS & SIDE DISH RECIPES
    • OVER 100 BIR-STYLE CURRY BASE RECIPES
    • OVER 100 ANCILLARY RECIPES NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR BIR-STYLE CURRIES
    • OVER 100 TRADITIONAL & OTHER NON-BIR STYLE CURRY RECIPES

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

Snack time

Photos of BIR & members' curries

PLEASE POST PHOTOS RELATING TO A SPECIFIC RECIPE IN THE ASSOCIATED RECIPE THREAD
Forum rules
Photos and discussions relating to a specific recipe to be posted in the associated recipe thread. Please start a new thread for a new (discrete) topic.
Geezah
JALAPENO
JALAPENO

Snack time

Post by Geezah »

Samosa & Tandoori chicken drumsticks
P1010478 (Custom) (Custom).JPG
P1010478 (Custom) (Custom).JPG (138.46 KiB) Viewed 5940 times
h4ppy-chris
CAYENNE
CAYENNE

Re: Snack time

Post by h4ppy-chris »

Hope the taste was as good as your pic mate.
goncalo
CAYENNE
CAYENNE

Post by goncalo »

looking good there geezah... I'm not a big fan of "tandoori chicken" myself, but those samosas, hmm. Did you make them or did you buy them? :)
I am the unbearable scorcher of tikkas!
Willyeckerslike
CAYENNE
CAYENNE
Favourite Curries: Vindaloo
England

Post by Willyeckerslike »

Looking good there Geezah, Samosas.. I have never really been fond of but maybe the ones I tried were not good. I have never made any, so if they are good please put the recipe up and I will try it when I get time (not that I get much).
Unlike goncalo Tandoori Chicken is one of my favourites. The closest I have got to the one I like (from my fav restaurant in the UK) is the Lasan one. To me Tandoori chicken should not be red but more of a yellow colour. Not say it won't be darn tasty though! (I have had some darn tasty red ones)

Thanks for posting 8-)
goncalo
CAYENNE
CAYENNE

Post by goncalo »

At least we both agree that lasan's recipe is a fantastic tikka/tandoori marinade :-)

Btw, what I mean is, I am not a big fan of tandoori food made in the oven. Most marinades I tried were OK, but there is something about the tandoori that changes the chicken flavour to a much better standard. :)
I am the unbearable scorcher of tikkas!
Willyeckerslike
CAYENNE
CAYENNE
Favourite Curries: Vindaloo
England

Post by Willyeckerslike »

Ah Ok I understand :) ,

I agree with that, it certainly does cook it a lot better. I can get good results on the bbq but it's nowhere near as good as done in a tandoor.
Geezah
JALAPENO
JALAPENO

Post by Geezah »

Sorry for the slow response, been in Spain all last week.

No, I didn't make the samosa, I only made the chicken.
jerrym
SERRANO
SERRANO

Post by jerrym »

Geezah,

tandoori is something i've not got right. it's my fav from BIR as off bone meat.

what recipe do you use.

the taste i'm after is quite simple and does not overpower the meat as per tikka. i sometimes feel it's just pataks/pasco paste with perhaps some g/g paste. i've also tried switching the tikka / tandoori paste ratio. both get nowhere close though.

the place i eat it most does not use paste. hence my interest - is yours made from scratch ie basic ingredients.
Geezah
JALAPENO
JALAPENO

Post by Geezah »

I use the Lasan recipe
Last edited by Cory Ander on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Recipe moved to recipe section by CA
jerrym
SERRANO
SERRANO

Post by jerrym »

Geezah,

i know the lasan recipe well but as tikka (2nd fav).

comparing recipes the key difference seems to be that i add curry powder (5 ml) and had reduced the tandoori masala down from 1 tbsp to 2 tsp. will leave out curry powder and increase masala on next make.

many thanks.
jerrym
SERRANO
SERRANO

Post by jerrym »

Geezah,

made the the tandoori version and was quite taken aback. it did have a resemblance to the tikka which was not good (i do love the tikka version as is, no2 to iffu).

having said that i do think it's the closest i've got to tandoori though and feel the recipe is a sort of break through for me.

well pleased.

going forward i'm not really sure how to change it but i'm quite happy with that conundrum. will post back if i get anywhere.

many thanks - much appreciated
geezah_tandoori.jpg
geezah_tandoori.jpg (119.41 KiB) Viewed 5804 times
ps the ends look slightly undercooked - this is my norm when i'm using in main dish ie i purposely slightly undercook.