• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a MEMBER to access the recipe sections of the forum. Please REGISTER and then become a MEMBER by following the link below:

Membership gives you FULL ACCESS to:

• OVER 300 BIR-STYLE MAIN DISH CURRY RECIPES
    • OVER 300 BIR-STYLE STARTERS, ACCOMPANIMENTS & SIDE DISH RECIPES
    • OVER 100 BIR-STYLE CURRY BASE RECIPES
    • OVER 100 ANCILLARY RECIPES NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR BIR-STYLE CURRIES
    • OVER 100 TRADITIONAL & OTHER NON-BIR STYLE CURRY RECIPES

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

Modified K D Curry Secret Chicken Curry.

Photos of BIR & members' curries

PLEASE POST PHOTOS RELATING TO A SPECIFIC RECIPE IN THE ASSOCIATED RECIPE THREAD
Forum rules
Photos and discussions relating to a specific recipe to be posted in the associated recipe thread. Please start a new thread for a new (discrete) topic.
mike travis
PIMENTO
PIMENTO

Modified K D Curry Secret Chicken Curry.

Post by mike travis »

Hi folks :) Here`s that modified Curry Secret Curry I told you about in my introduction.
K D modified..JPG
K D modified..JPG (131.09 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
Regards.......mike.
Cory Ander
SENIOR MODERATOR
SENIOR MODERATOR
Favourite Curries: King Prawn Phal
England

Re: Modified K D Curry Secret Chicken Curry.

Post by Cory Ander »

How did you find it Mike? Any chance that you could summarise your modifications?
CA (aka Admin) :)
mike travis
PIMENTO
PIMENTO

Re: Modified K D Curry Secret Chicken Curry.

Post by mike travis »

Thanks CA, its an "ok" curry but nowhere near a B I R , but like I said, I followed the Curry Secret recipe to the letter and that was nothing like my local B I R. I made the Curry Secret base but added a large green cabbage leaf, 3 chopped carrots, 1/2 a green bell pepper and some left over coriander. As for the curry, I diced 3 large white onions and fried till golden brown, adding a tsp of sugar midway to sweeten. Turn the heat up full and clear a space in the pan and add about 2 tbs of tomato puree and fry the puree for about 30 seconds and then mix in with the onions. Then I add a can of chopped tomatoes and cook for 3 1/2 mins while I microwave my base sauce. Add the chilli powder, salt and pre cooked chicken, then the base. Cook on high heat for about 3-4 mins then turn down the heat and add the cumin, garam masala and fenugreek powder as per K D recipe. Adding a tbs of lemon juice and chopped coriander. Cook for 2-3 mins and serve.

I have cooked this on a Saturday night for me and my son (the curry addicts of the family) and we both enjoy it. I added 4 chopped green chillies to the one in the picture and it didn`t make a great deal of difference to be honest. Heat wise, I might as well stick my tongue in a bag of chilli powder. Twice for a Madras and three times for a Vindaloo. Its just heat and no flavour. I posted on another forum about chilli heat burning your tongue, and someone suggested putting 1/2 a tomato on your tongue as tomato counteracts the affects of the hot chilli powder.

Like I have said, when you eat in or take out a B I R curry, that taste and smell can stay with you for days. When you sweat, you smell curry. When you belch, you smell curry. When you toilet,(you get the idea).

This forum has re ignited my interest in cooking a decent curry so I will let you know how I get on.

Regards...........mike ;)
Regards.......mike.