• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a MEMBER to access the recipe sections of the forum. Please REGISTER and then become a MEMBER by following the link below:

Membership gives you FULL ACCESS to:

• OVER 300 BIR-STYLE MAIN DISH CURRY RECIPES
    • OVER 300 BIR-STYLE STARTERS, ACCOMPANIMENTS & SIDE DISH RECIPES
    • OVER 100 BIR-STYLE CURRY BASE RECIPES
    • OVER 100 ANCILLARY RECIPES NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR BIR-STYLE CURRIES
    • OVER 100 TRADITIONAL & OTHER NON-BIR STYLE CURRY RECIPES

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

lunch: lamb jalfrezi + bombay aloo

Photos of BIR & members' curries

PLEASE POST PHOTOS RELATING TO A SPECIFIC RECIPE IN THE ASSOCIATED RECIPE THREAD
Forum rules
Photos and discussions relating to a specific recipe to be posted in the associated recipe thread. Please start a new thread for a new (discrete) topic.
goncalo
CAYENNE
CAYENNE

lunch: lamb jalfrezi + bombay aloo

Post by goncalo »

So today for lunch, I made some lamb jalfrezi, using the lamb I precooked a few days ago with the British Indian's pressure cooker method. It worked a treat. I have to say, I have only ever ordered lamb 2-3 times from a BIR and I never became a huge fan of it. This unfortunately changed my mind. It's probably the first time ever that a home dish becomes a favorite over a restaurant served one! As for the BA, it was short of being BIR, but it was a very good acompaniment nevertheless. These are likely going to be my last dishes for the next 2 weeks as I'm heading to the south of spain for 10 days break... so I'm not too unhappy with my "au revoir" indian meals (I make no intentions to have indian food over in spain, as not only I heard reports that it is bad, but also because I want to "cleanse" myself.)
20130827_135009.jpg
20130827_135009.jpg (146.92 KiB) Viewed 3189 times
20130827_134604.jpg
20130827_134604.jpg (160.5 KiB) Viewed 3189 times
20130827_134422.jpg
20130827_134422.jpg (122.09 KiB) Viewed 3189 times
I am the unbearable scorcher of tikkas!
Cory Ander
SENIOR MODERATOR
SENIOR MODERATOR
Favourite Curries: King Prawn Phal
England

Re: lunch: lamb jalfrezi + bombay aloo

Post by Cory Ander »

Looks good, goncalo, thanks for sharing 8-)

I like lamb dishes, too, but my wife doesn't eat red meat, so it's invariably chicken or prawns (and curries that are seldom stinky hot), for us :closedeyes:
CA (aka Admin) :)
rshome123
BHUT JOLOKIA
BHUT JOLOKIA
Favourite Curries: Chicken Vindaloo

Post by rshome123 »

Nice looking food there Goncalo.
Willyeckerslike
CAYENNE
CAYENNE
Favourite Curries: Vindaloo
England

Post by Willyeckerslike »

Nice looking dishes, did you use deep fried potatoes for the bombay aloo as per chris's video?
goncalo
CAYENNE
CAYENNE

Post by goncalo »

Thanks for your comments! :)

These BA's were done about 2 weeks ago, so they didn't use the advice from Chris (or Chewy's microwaves tip, which is also on my list to try.) I'm a bit busy this week and will likely not get a chance to try all the newly published information before this weekend... but I can't wait!! :)
I am the unbearable scorcher of tikkas!