• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a MEMBER to access the recipe sections of the forum. Please REGISTER and then become a MEMBER by following the link below:

Membership gives you FULL ACCESS to:

• OVER 300 BIR-STYLE MAIN DISH CURRY RECIPES
    • OVER 300 BIR-STYLE STARTERS, ACCOMPANIMENTS & SIDE DISH RECIPES
    • OVER 100 BIR-STYLE CURRY BASE RECIPES
    • OVER 100 ANCILLARY RECIPES NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR BIR-STYLE CURRIES
    • OVER 100 TRADITIONAL & OTHER NON-BIR STYLE CURRY RECIPES

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

Street Food Fest at The UNI

Photos of BIR & members' curries

PLEASE POST PHOTOS RELATING TO A SPECIFIC RECIPE IN THE ASSOCIATED RECIPE THREAD
Forum rules
Photos and discussions relating to a specific recipe to be posted in the associated recipe thread. Please start a new thread for a new (discrete) topic.
976bar

Street Food Fest at The UNI

Post by 976bar »

They had a 3 day street food fest at the Uni recently, back in June just before all the students left for the summer, which included stalls of food from all around the world. My partner asked me if I would do the Indian stall, to which I agreed and we had a fabulous time. The weather was fantastic for the 3 days, they had a bar and a Uni live band singing and playing throughout, a great time had by all.

We had to produce 2 different curry sauces per day, plus rice and a selection of Chicken or Chicken Tikka or Meat plus Veggies, so this particular day, I chose Char Grilled Veggies and Pre-cooked Chicken, Pilau Rice and a Korma and Bhuna sauce.

We also had poppadoms and various homemade chutneys, Coriander, Mint Yogurt Raiter, Cucumber Raita and bought in Mango Chutney.
Pilao Rice.jpg
Pilao Rice.jpg (20.89 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
Pre Cooked Chicken.jpg
Pre Cooked Chicken.jpg (20.11 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
Char Grilled Veggies.jpg
Char Grilled Veggies.jpg (23.4 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
Korma & Bhuna Sauce.jpg
Korma & Bhuna Sauce.jpg (18.47 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
20130605_155036.jpg
20130605_155036.jpg (29.4 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
rshome123
BHUT JOLOKIA
BHUT JOLOKIA
Favourite Curries: Chicken Vindaloo

Re: Street Food Fest at The UNI

Post by rshome123 »

Looks fantastic 976bar,

I bet it took one hell of a lot of planning. Having an Indian night for 6 was a challenge for me.

Clever choice of curries. I did similar for my small gathering.. Rogan josh and korma, with chicken tikka and seekh kebabs on the BBQ. Poppadums/dips/pakoras/chutneys for starters. Some Indian sweets for afters.
976bar

Re: Street Food Fest at The UNI

Post by 976bar »

Hi Rshome,

Yes it does take a lot of planning, which is done days in advance as the marinading needs to be done plus the all the base sauce, spice mixes, Raita's, Chutneys etc etc, but once you have sorted all that out, and on the day, the interaction with the clients who buy the stuff is great :)

Glad your party went off with a swing, looks like you've got this under your belt too :)