• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a MEMBER to access the recipe sections of the forum. Please REGISTER and then become a MEMBER by following the link below:

Membership gives you FULL ACCESS to:

• OVER 300 BIR-STYLE MAIN DISH CURRY RECIPES
    • OVER 300 BIR-STYLE STARTERS, ACCOMPANIMENTS & SIDE DISH RECIPES
    • OVER 100 BIR-STYLE CURRY BASE RECIPES
    • OVER 100 ANCILLARY RECIPES NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR BIR-STYLE CURRIES
    • OVER 100 TRADITIONAL & OTHER NON-BIR STYLE CURRY RECIPES

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

garlic chili chicken last night

Photos of BIR & members' curries

PLEASE POST PHOTOS RELATING TO A SPECIFIC RECIPE IN THE ASSOCIATED RECIPE THREAD
Forum rules
Photos and discussions relating to a specific recipe to be posted in the associated recipe thread. Please start a new thread for a new (discrete) topic.
rik
JALAPENO
JALAPENO
Bulgaria

garlic chili chicken last night

Post by rik »

Been meaning to do this one for a week or two, based on Madras Andy's recipe and the pics Westy has put up re chili chicken bhuna, this is my creation! I have had numerous garlic chili chicken dishes in BIR's and always been left a bit 'meh' by them, usually the sauce itself is mild and tomatoey with the heat coming from near raw finger chili's added at the last moment in the cook, i wish they would cook the chili's out more into the sauce.

Had to improvise the mix powder as used all mine in the week and only realised at the crucial moment, however with the aid of Keith Floyd the problem was solved. Overall it was good, i think needs developing as a dish. Served with fragrant rice and frying pan 'naan' bread.
Nom nom nom
Nom nom nom
DSC00746.JPG (153.05 KiB) Viewed 3879 times
Texture
Texture
DSC00744.JPG (140.05 KiB) Viewed 3879 times
Looking good
Looking good
DSC00736.JPG (144.87 KiB) Viewed 3879 times
Frying pan naan bread
Frying pan naan bread
DSC00738.JPG (146.24 KiB) Viewed 3879 times
Can't wait any longer!
Can't wait any longer!
DSC00743.JPG (150.77 KiB) Viewed 3879 times
Nicholas Parsons!
seafret
HABANERO
HABANERO
Favourite Curries: Chicken madras, King prawn bhuna, mushroom pakoras

Re: garlic chili chicken last night

Post by seafret »

Looking very good Rik. Intrigued as to how Keith Floyd can help .....
Free poppadoms and pickles with orders over £15. Tuesday nights only before 6pm.
Cory Ander
SENIOR MODERATOR
SENIOR MODERATOR
Favourite Curries: King Prawn Phal
England

Post by Cory Ander »

Looking good, rik, thanks for sharing 8-)

Which "MadrasAndy" recipe are you referring to, please?

PS: Seafret, I believe "Keith Floyd" may be a reference to wine guzzling whilst cooking? It helps tremendously (or is the likely cause of the problem, in the first place!)! :lol:
CA (aka Admin) :)
rik
JALAPENO
JALAPENO
Bulgaria

Post by rik »

Indeed CA it was with the help a *ahem* beer or two, I wasn't going to cook last night after a big lunch, but kinda got the munchies later on after returning from the local bar, so knocked it up

http://bircurries.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=1947

This was the one, sorry i called it garlic chili chicken, when listed as chili chicken bhuna, just got it my head that it is garlic chili chicken, what with lots of garlic, chili and chicken in it!

What i did needs tweaking, perhaps a bit less methi, more garlic, and onion scales as well as chopped onion, I Like larger bits of onion, bit of crunch will give a nice contrast to the soft tomato. Less tom puree in this recipe than the madras and vindaloo i've done, which was nice.

Rik
Nicholas Parsons!
seafret
HABANERO
HABANERO
Favourite Curries: Chicken madras, King prawn bhuna, mushroom pakoras

Post by seafret »

Whatever it's called it certainly looks very fine Rik.

PS. Keith had never helped me with anything much and can take the blame for a memorable hot oil on foot incident...
Free poppadoms and pickles with orders over £15. Tuesday nights only before 6pm.
skronk
JALAPENO
JALAPENO

Post by skronk »

Looking very tasty.
Regards,

Skronky