• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a member to access certain parts of the forum and will need to make 3 meaningful posts before you can access the recipe sections - REGISTRATION is FREE!

Your contributions are important to us - please help us grow the forum by actively participating - irrespective of your level of expertise!

Please note that your account may be downgraded to Inactive Member if you do not continue to participate and post and you will no longer be able to access the recipe sections (please see Policy for Managing Inactive Members for further information).

Alternatively, you may like to consider the Donating Member Option, if it suits your circumstances better:

August's Curry Club Curry of the Month is steveparadox's Pathia (open to all members & guests):

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

The first curry!

Photos of BIR & members' curries

PLEASE POST PHOTOS RELATING TO A SPECIFIC RECIPE IN THE ASSOCIATED RECIPE THREAD
Forum rules
Photos and discussions relating to a specific recipe to be posted in the associated recipe thread. Please start a new thread for a new (discrete) topic.
dumbpotato
PIMENTO
PIMENTO
Favourite Curries: phall, pasanda, korma

The first curry!

Post by dumbpotato » Tue May 29, 2018 7:53 pm

Hey all. I'm so happy and pleased! Matter panear (excuse the spelling), pilau rice, onion salad, mint yogurt dip, poppadoms, lamb seekh kebabs in a sizzle dish and 12 beers (not in the photo)! If you want me to, I'll elaborate what I did and how I did it and what needs improving tommorrow, but today, after 12 beers, I think I'm not up to much more than a few pictures.
20180529-curry-1-195634-06.jpg
Not much, but for 2 it's enough, and the best peas and cheese I've EVER had!
20180529-curry-1-195600-04.jpg
Muteer paneer from the Curry Secret book (need a few more ladlefuls of the base gravy, but otherwise amazing!)
20180529-curry-1-195548-03.jpg
The lamb seekh kebabs from the curry secret book. However. I was hesitant about the amount of the egg/spice sauce for the amoun of lamb mince and I only used 1/2 of the quantity. And, truthfully, I could have used even less and it'd be great. Then, I did the "sizzle" to the book's recipe, too, and chucked a few more spoonfuls of the tandoori sauce in the mix. Loverrrrly!
20180529-curry-1-195611-05.jpg
The mint yogurt sauce and the onion salad from the Curry Secret book, too. Both are not quite up to scratch. I don't know if it's the mint sauce from Lidl or my skimping on the green food colouring, but both are not quite there.
The gravy was the one from the amazing and wonderful Cory Ander's post (http://bircurries.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=101).

Thank you for having me! What a meal! And, I have chicken marinating in the fridge for tomorrow, and LOTSA LOTSA reading to do. But one thing I'm not having to do, like EVER, ever again, is spending £50 on a TA. :yahoo:

Marktheshark
SERRANO
SERRANO
Favourite Curries: Keema bhuna, vindaloo, Madras

Re: The first curry!

Post by Marktheshark » Tue May 29, 2018 9:19 pm

Wow, what s spread, well done dumdpotato, lot of work there mate, I would love to hear your method etc, great photos as well :thumbup:

Rusty
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE
Favourite Curries: Vindaloo

Post by Rusty » Tue May 29, 2018 10:51 pm

Looks very nice and well done
Cheers Rusty
The best day of the week to prepare onions for a base gravy is a Fryday 8-)

ScotchBonnet
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE
Favourite Curries: Garlic Chilli Chicken, Tandoori Lamb Tikka, Veggie

Post by ScotchBonnet » Tue May 29, 2018 11:44 pm

Well done. Now, you have said that the base gravy (a recipe from this site) was good so try other recipes from this site and I think you will be even more pleased.
"There is no such thing as too much oil; just an insufficiency of naan".

Cory Ander
Favourite Curries: King Prawn Phal

Post by Cory Ander » Wed May 30, 2018 4:02 am

All looking good, dumbpotato; thanks for sharing your results and photos with us.

I'll be interested to see how you find trying some of the many other recipes on this site..... 8-)
Regards

CA (aka Admin) :)

rdu
JALAPENO
JALAPENO
Favourite Curries: Dhansak, Pistanda, Kashmir, Korma, Dopiaza

Post by rdu » Wed May 30, 2018 9:43 am

Looking good.
For the mint sause, taste is more important than colour :yes:

Bandit
SERRANO
SERRANO
Favourite Curries: Madras, Jalfrezi, Pathia, Ceylon.

Post by Bandit » Wed May 30, 2018 6:53 pm

well done mate, especially after 12 beers :lol::

All looking good and tasty

Bandit

haldi
SERRANO
SERRANO

Post by haldi » Wed May 30, 2018 7:34 pm

that all looks amazing

The curry secret book is something I use again and again
I try lots of other recipes but always seem to end up back there!

think I'll be trying something by Kris on Saturday!
You've inspired me

dumbpotato
PIMENTO
PIMENTO
Favourite Curries: phall, pasanda, korma

Post by dumbpotato » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:36 pm

Hey all! Thanks for all your replies! Another one tonight, chicken madras by Bandit (made with beef)! Once I figure out how to insert photos (again!), I'll be posting.

Return to “Photos (Guests Welcome to Browse)”