• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a MEMBER to access the recipe sections of the forum. Please REGISTER and then become a MEMBER by following the link below:

Membership gives you FULL ACCESS to:

• OVER 300 BIR-STYLE MAIN DISH CURRY RECIPES
    • OVER 300 BIR-STYLE STARTERS, ACCOMPANIMENTS & SIDE DISH RECIPES
    • OVER 100 BIR-STYLE CURRY BASE RECIPES
    • OVER 100 ANCILLARY RECIPES NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR BIR-STYLE CURRIES
    • OVER 100 TRADITIONAL & OTHER NON-BIR STYLE CURRY RECIPES

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

Want your photography featured in our newsletter?

"Coriander" - the official Newletter of BIRCurries.co.uk (download your copy here)
Greybeard
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE
Favourite Curries: Dopiaza, Kashmiri, Madras or Garlic chicken
Scotland

Want your photography featured in our newsletter?

Post by Greybeard »

Coriander is very graphic intensive and we need high quality curry / BIR related photography to add interest and dynamism to our newsletter. While the front cover and /or 1st page is primarily intended to promote the curry club curry or theme of the month, all photography is welcome. However, please note the following points:
  • All photos must be high resolution jpg or png. While I can process raw images, I cannot guarantee proper colour balance.
  • We will credit you in the newsletter for your contribution.
  • The editors decision is final and submission does not guarantee inclusion.
  • We may use all or part of the image in the newsletter.
  • To save server space, please do not cross post images here, rather link to post itself and post that here. I'll PM you if I need the original.
  • You must retain the copyright - derivative works or images snarfed off the web are not suitable.
  • By submitting a photograph you automatically grant bircurries.co.uk permission to distribute this with our newsletter
  • Unless permission has been granted by subjects (and they realise they are about to occupy a small corner of the Internet) please do not include clearly identifiable adults or children in photographs
Many thanks,

Greybeard
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
Greybeard
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE
Scotland

Re: Want your photography featured in our newsletter?

Post by Greybeard »

Coriander needs your help!

We hope that you will agree that the stunning background photographs of curries are part of what makes Coriander a quality publication.

While there are a lot of excellent images on the forum, there are not so many high-resolution photos in portrait orientation. So if you are an enthusiastic photographer (hint, hint rsaha!) please consider contributing your curry related photographs.

Thanks,

GB
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
rsaha
SERRANO
SERRANO
Canada

Post by rsaha »

I totally missed this GB - happy to contribute and will provide shots in portrait going forward... Please take this as permission to use anything and everything I submit anywhere on the forum.
ScotchBonnet
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE

Post by ScotchBonnet »

Feel free to use any of my images even though they are - IMHO - a bit rubbish. I think as a condition of joining the forum that any image posted should be regarded as free for use for forum purposes, including your excellent newsletter.
"There is no such thing as too much oil; just an insufficiency of naan".
Admin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
Favourite Curries: King Prawn Phal
England

Post by Admin »

It is a condition of joining the forum and they are regarded as being free for use for forum purposes:

"16. You agree that the owner of this forum, and their delegates, may use, retain, move, copy, edit and/or delete any of your posts, as they deem to be appropriate, even if you are no longer a member of this forum"

Still nice to get member's permission though....thank you, rsaha 8-)
Administrator - BIRCurries.co.uk (aka Cory Ander)
rsaha
SERRANO
SERRANO
Canada

Post by rsaha »

"Feel free to use any of my images even though they are - IMHO - a bit rubbish"

"To save server space, please do not cross post images here, rather link to post itself and post that here. I'll PM you if I need the original."

Ummm.... I took this as suggesting that one needed to post here to give permission. My mistake. IMHO - I don't really need to see comments like this, thank you very much.
rshome123
BHUT JOLOKIA
BHUT JOLOKIA
Favourite Curries: Chicken Vindaloo

Post by rshome123 »

Likewise, feel free to use any image I've posted (with attribution where appropriate).
Greybeard
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE
Scotland

Post by Greybeard »

Thanks all for the offers of images. I always try to attribute photographers, although what I might do in future is have a separate attributes section in Coriander rather than flagging each photo which can detract from the page.

Sorry about any confusion rsaha, very conscious that large images can quickly consume server space and wanted to prevent that.