• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a MEMBER to access the recipe sections of the forum. Please REGISTER and then become a MEMBER by following the link below:

Membership gives you FULL ACCESS to:

• OVER 300 BIR-STYLE MAIN DISH CURRY RECIPES
    • OVER 300 BIR-STYLE STARTERS, ACCOMPANIMENTS & SIDE DISH RECIPES
    • OVER 100 BIR-STYLE CURRY BASE RECIPES
    • OVER 100 ANCILLARY RECIPES NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR BIR-STYLE CURRIES
    • OVER 100 TRADITIONAL & OTHER NON-BIR STYLE CURRY RECIPES

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

Vegetarian Recipe Index

ScotchBonnet
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE

Re: Vegetarian Recipe Index

Post by ScotchBonnet »

Added my own Aloo Gobi recipe. I can report that it tasted good after being frozen and then reheated in the microwave.
"There is no such thing as too much oil; just an insufficiency of naan".
steveparadox
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE
Favourite Curries: Garllic Chilli, Naga, Tarka Daal, Aloo Chaat
England

Post by steveparadox »

Hey SB, you could add my saag paneer to the index....

http://bircurries.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 267&t=7786
ScotchBonnet
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE

Post by ScotchBonnet »

Thanks for the link. I've added it it the paneer section.
ScotchBonnet
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE

Post by ScotchBonnet »

I'm slowly going through the vegetarian recipes on this forum and trying to group them into categories. I am adding my own comments to each dish as I go but if any members want to add comments for their own dishes then I am open to suggestions. For any members who cook vegetarian dishes but have not posted their recipes because they were not “BIR - enough” you can still post them in the correct section of the forum, add photos and let me know so they can be included in the VRI (Vegetarian Recipes Index). Some recipes that are only seen occasionally on BIR menus are very worthy inclusions in a BIR meal.
ScotchBonnet
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE

Post by ScotchBonnet »

Gentlepersons of the BIR Curries forum - Summer in the Northern Hemisphere is looming and the mood turns to outdoor cooking with grilled or tandoored meat. Let us not forget, though, that fresh vegetables are becoming plentiful, wild garlic is just waiting to be harvested and various other green things might be sprouting up in your garden. Perhaps you are a Vegetarian or just appreciate good vegetarian dishes as an accompaniment or a nice main-course change from meat, or perhaps you have been meaning to try vegetarian food but were afraid to take the plunge? If either of these apply to you then check out the Vegetarian Recipe Index.

Latest addition (#99) is from simonides - Kashmiri Gobi Rogan Josh recipe. Even though it is made in a more traditional manner than most standard BIR dishes I think we can allow it in the vegetarian section since it is my experience that many BIR's do typical BIR meat dishes but often prepare some of their vegetarian dishes in a more traditional way.

By my reckoning we only need one more vegetarian dish to take the total number of recipes up to the 100 mark (I'm excluding pre-cooked ingredients as recipes) so I invite anyone who has a great vegetarian dish to submit their recipe. Feedback and photos (in the appropriate section) for recipes is also always appreciated by forum members.
ScotchBonnet
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE

Post by ScotchBonnet »

Just added an onion bhaji recipe from Bandit. He has included a downloadable A4-size recipe if you wish to add it to your collection - nice touch. That takes the total of veg. recipes up to 100 by my reckoning. A fair few are onion bhajis, mind you, so today is (unofficially) Onion Bhaji Day:

Onion Bhaji - Balls or patties of onion combined with flour and then fried until crispy.
- Cory Ander, unclefrank, H4ppy-Chris, Kid Curry, kimgary, Korma Chameleon, rshome123, Alchemist, ziggycat, willyeckerslike, Bandit