• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a member to access certain parts of the forum and will need to make 3 meaningful posts before you can access the recipe sections - REGISTRATION is FREE!

Your contributions are important to us - please help us grow the forum by actively participating - irrespective of your level of expertise!

Please note that your account may be downgraded to Inactive Member if you do not continue to participate and post and you will no longer be able to access the recipe sections (please see Policy for Managing Inactive Members for further information).

Alternatively, you may like to consider the Donating Member Option, if it suits your circumstances better:

August's Curry Club Curry of the Month is andrw's Chicken Vindaloo (open to all members & guests):

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

Simple pilau rice

A "Quick Start" for members new to BIR style curry cooking - basic techniques and simple recipes to get you started on your BIR-style curry cooking adventures.
Forum rules
This section of the forum is for controlled content only. Please DO NOT start new topics in this section of the forum (unless requested to or authorised to do so).
Bandit
SERRANO
SERRANO
Favourite Curries: Madras, Jalfrezi, Pathia, Ceylon.

Re: Simple pilau rice

Post by Bandit » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Hi Seabass

Follow Scotchbonnets advice, I also add a few cloves along with cardamom and a small piece of star anise and pick them out at the very end as they are not good to chew down on when enjoying a ruby

ernest
PIMENTO
PIMENTO

Post by ernest » Tue May 22, 2018 8:35 am

I had my first attempt at the rice yesterday. It looked ok, but was a bit undercooked, It also lacked any real flavour.

I ate it with the Simple Madras and I have to say that it all worked well together.

I will try again to see if I can improve things.
Attachments
Rice.jpg

pauly
Favourite Curries: Chicken Vindaloo

Post by pauly » Tue May 22, 2018 12:13 pm

Thanks for posting ernest, if you have any left if it was frozen, you can add a few teaspoons of water & then re-heat in a microwave it can just finish it off.

Return to “Beginners' GUIDE (Guests Welcome to Browse)”