• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a member to access certain parts of the forum and will need to make 3 meaningful posts before you can access the recipe sections - REGISTRATION is FREE!

Your contributions are important to us - please help us grow the forum by actively participating - irrespective of your level of expertise!

Please note that your account may be downgraded to Inactive Member if you do not continue to participate and post and you will no longer be able to access the recipe sections (please see Policy for Managing Inactive Members for further information).

Alternatively, you may like to consider the Donating Member Option, if it suits your circumstances better:

October's Curry Club Curry of the Month is adeypayne's Shatkora (open to all members & guests):

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

Simple Chicken Korma

A "Quick Start" for members new to BIR style curry cooking - basic techniques and simple recipes to get you started on your BIR-style curry cooking adventures.
Forum rules
This section of the forum is for controlled content only. Please DO NOT start new topics in this section of the forum (unless requested to or authorised to do so).
Cory Ander
Favourite Curries: King Prawn Phal

Re: Simple Chicken Korma

Post by Cory Ander » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:35 am

Looks good, chris, thanks for providing feedback and with a photo of your results 8-)

You might wish to check out the Which is Your Favourite Main Dish Curry on This Forum? thread for suggestions on other curry recipes to try. Sounds like you might like to try something like a Rogan Josh (check out the Medium Main Dish Recipes sections of the forum).
Regards

CA (aka Admin) :)

mrdanbaird
PIMENTO
PIMENTO

Post by mrdanbaird » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:45 am

Made this tonight and thought it was delicious. It tasted almost identical to a korma simmer sauce I used to buy.

However, I don't think it was quite the same as what I was imagining. I think the korma I would get from my local takeaway was a lot sweeter and grainier? Maybe I needed to add some coconut or more almonds?

Still good though! Actually, I really liked the consistency / texture of it, just didn't taste 100% as I wanted.
Attachments
IMG_0563.JPG
IMG_0563.JPG (127.02 KiB) Viewed 137 times

Cory Ander

Post by Cory Ander » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:17 am

Looks good, dan. Please bear in mind that the recipes, in this section of the forum, are simply to get those members new to cooking BIR-style curries familiar with cooking them. You might want to try some of the recipes in the Main Dish Recipes section of the forum (which may produce results more akin to those that you are looking for)....

But, I have to say, from your photo, this section has been pretty successful in that regard.
Regards

pauly
Favourite Curries: Chicken Vindaloo

Post by pauly » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:13 am

Thanks for the pic & reporting back Dan. A good looking Korma, tweaking it to get a recipe exactly to your liking is what making your own is all about.

geoffg
PIMENTO
PIMENTO

Post by geoffg » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:41 am

Can I ask is almond powder the same as ground almonds?
thanks
Geoff

pauly
Favourite Curries: Chicken Vindaloo

Post by pauly » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:11 am

Ground almonds are usually used in a Korma Geoff, I would assume almond powder would be a more finely ground version, but I have to admit, I've never seen it.

Cory Ander

Post by Cory Ander » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:42 am

Yes, powdered almonds = ground almonds. Grind your own whole almonds if you can't get it.
Regards

funroll
CAPSICUM
CAPSICUM
Favourite Curries: Chicken Naga Madras

Post by funroll » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:39 pm

Made this last night and, whilst I'm not a big fan of Korma or creamy curry in general, it was everything I expected from a good Korma. Tasty, sweet, just plain nice really. Mrs Funroll liked it as well - she much prefers mild and creamy.

We had it with some pataks cook-yourself poppadom's, Bandit's Onion Salad and Mapes12's Yoghurt mint sauce.

Incidentally, my kids (5 yrs old) both loved the onion salad, mint sauce and poppadom's as well :-)

Madras next....

Cory Ander

Post by Cory Ander » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:53 pm

Thanks for trying it and glad that you liked it, funroll. Any photos?
Regards

Return to “Beginners' GUIDE (Guests Welcome to Browse)”