• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a MEMBER to access the recipe sections of the forum. Please REGISTER and then become a MEMBER by following the link below:

Membership gives you FULL ACCESS to:

• OVER 300 BIR-STYLE MAIN DISH CURRY RECIPES
    • OVER 300 BIR-STYLE STARTERS, ACCOMPANIMENTS & SIDE DISH RECIPES
    • OVER 100 BIR-STYLE CURRY BASE RECIPES
    • OVER 100 ANCILLARY RECIPES NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR BIR-STYLE CURRIES
    • OVER 100 TRADITIONAL & OTHER NON-BIR STYLE CURRY RECIPES

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

Curry Club Rules and Guidelines

Group testing of selected forum recipes by forum members
Alchemist
BHUT JOLOKIA
BHUT JOLOKIA
Favourite Curries: Lamb Jalfrezi

Curry Club Rules and Guidelines

Post by Alchemist »

To keep some variety, order and consistency with Curry Club here are a few rules (which must be followed) and guidelines (to be followed where possible) for those selecting the recipe each month:

Rules:

1. The author of the recipe must not have been featured in Curry Club during the past 12 months
2. The selected recipe must be one that has not already been extensively tested by other members (extensively = over 3 members trying it out)

Guidelines:

1. Try to choose a recipe from an active member, as they will be able to answer any questions regarding it
2. Try to choose a recipe which is different from the recipes already featured

Hopefully this will give us the variety of recipes and recipe authors we need, whilst also giving the person selecting the recipe enough autonomy to choose one they would like others to try out.
Admin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
Favourite Curries: King Prawn Phal
England

Re: Curry Club Rules and Guidelines

Post by Admin »

In our quest for continual improvement, the rules and guidelines for "Curry Club" have been amended as follows (amendments in bold):
  1. The first member to present new feedback on a recipe (with photos) will be asked to nominate a recipe for the following month
  2. A nominee cannot nominate their own recipe
  3. The same member cannot nominate a recipe in 2 consecutive months
  4. The author of a recipe must be a member of this forum
  5. The author of a recipe must not have been featured in Curry Club during the past 12 months
  6. The author of a recipe should preferably be an author whose recipe has not yet been tested by Curry Club
  7. The author of a recipe should preferably be a currently active member of the forum or, failing that, from a previously active (i.e. currently "inactive") member of the forum (but not from a banned/"deceased" member of the forum)
  8. The selected recipe must be from one of the (preferably BIR) recipe sections of the forum
  9. The selected recipe must not have been previously tested by Curry Club
  10. The selected recipe should preferably be one that has not already been extensively tested by other members
  11. The selected recipe should preferably be one which is different from the recipes already featured (for variety)
  12. A list of eligible authors will be presented to the nominee (by personal message) before the start of the new month
  13. The nominee must provide their recipe suggestion (by return of personal message) so that it can be ratified against the above criteria
  14. Once accepted, the recipe will be copied, in its entirety, to the Curry Club section of the forum for all to see and try (should they wish to do so)
  15. Upon completion, the recipe will be copied back to the recipe section in its entirety. The recipe will be removed from the Curry Club thread and the thread will be locked to further comment. Further comments will still be able to be made in the recipe thread in the recipe section of the forum
Hopefully, these amendments will help clarify and improve the Curry Club initiative, encourage members to remain active, encourage members to share their recipes with other members of the forum, and help maintain the structural integrity of the forum.

NB: These rules may be amended, from time to time, as deemed appropriate for the smooth running of Curry Club.
Administrator - BIRCurries.co.uk (aka Cory Ander)
Mr.Everready
JALAPENO
JALAPENO

Post by Mr.Everready »

I thought this was to be a bit of fun !? :hmmm:

Can you explain what A list of eligible authors will be presented to the nominee (by personal message) before the start of the new month means ?
Admin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
England

Post by Admin »

Certainly, Mr E.

I want to encourage a situation whereby the recipes, of a wide range of currently (or previously) active members, are tested.

I want to avoid the situation whereby:
  • Recipes, by the same author, are tested in concurrent months (and/or at frequent intervals) when recipes, from other authors of recipes, particularly those that are currently active members, have never been tested
  • Recipes are tested that have not been authored by members of this forum
There are several examples of the above in the recipes nominated and tested to date.

If recipes, from a same limited number of authors, or recipes from non-members of this forum, are frequently tested, then I feel that it may be perceived to be "cliquey", by some members, and potentially alienate them. I want to avoid that.

Therefore, a list of eligible authors will be submitted to nominees (by personal message) for them to chose a recipe from. The list will comprise currently and previously active members of this forum who have never had a recipe tested or who have not had a recipe tested in the past 12 months.

Nothing in the above precludes anyone from having "fun" (nor is it intended to).
Chickenbhoona
JALAPENO
JALAPENO
Favourite Curries: Chicken Tilkka Bhoona.

Post by Chickenbhoona »

Whilst I agree there should be guidelines it does seem a little counter preductive to my mind to have a staunch set of rules that I for one found difficult to adere to.
There are many authors,many different recipes,but to my mind an ever decreasing number of recipes that have been reviewed less than three times, a victim of there own success :) I just feel that members will find themselves choosing a recipe that fits the rules only and not what there heart tells them.
I'm sounding like a whining old git but I really have the Curry Clubs interest at heart honest.
Nice but dim. :confused:
Admin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
England

Post by Admin »

If you care to look at the number of authors of recipes, of currently active members (not to mention those that are now inactive members), there are many that conform to the above rules and guidelines and many authors of recipes that have not been "extensively" tested (if they have been tested at all). We have over 750 recipes posted on the forum! We should have no cause to be overly repetitive (regarding recipe author) and certainly no need to test recipes from non-members of this forum.

Such a list may well have helped you with your recent decision?

I appreciate that you have the Curry Club's interests at heart, CB. But I also have the forum's interests at heart.

As always, we should try it for a while, review it and revise it to improve it (as proven necessary).