• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a member to access certain parts of the forum and will need to make 3 meaningful posts before you can access the recipe sections - REGISTRATION is FREE!

Your contributions are important to us - please help us grow the forum by actively participating - irrespective of your level of expertise!

Please note that your account may be downgraded to Inactive Member if you do not continue to participate and post and you will no longer be able to access the recipe sections (please see Policy for Managing Inactive Members for further information).

Alternatively, you may like to consider the Donating Member Option, if it suits your circumstances better:

August's Curry Club Curry of the Month is steveparadox's Pathia (open to all members & guests):

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

I Don't Feel Like Eating a Curry After Cooking it!

General chat about British Indian Restaurant curries

ONLY FOR TOPICS THAT DON'T FIT ELSEWHERE ON THE FORUM. TOPICS THAT FIT ELSEWHERE ON THE FORUM SHOULD BE POSTED ELSEWHERE ON THE FORUM
Forum rules
Nothing to be posted in this section of the forum unless it CLEARLY does not fit elsewhere on the forum.
Dragonsfire
SERRANO
SERRANO
Favourite Curries: Vindaloo

Re: I Don't Feel Like Eating a Curry After Cooking it!

Post by Dragonsfire » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:10 pm

As someone that has lost his gallbladder some years ago, Ive only had problems with fat if its store bought prepped food. Olive oil and coconut oil is my primary usage and I have not had a problem with it. I also dont use the amount that would make the food swim in it :)

Cerberus
PIMENTO
PIMENTO

Post by Cerberus » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:18 pm

As Cory Ander said in his post above, I find that I hardly ever eat a normal sized meal straight after finishing cooking it. I generally cook enough for a week so there's plenty of leftovers but generally I'll just have a little bit and then relax. THat's not just for Indian curries either, pretty much any food I'm cooking, for some reason I'm just not hungry anymore after chopping, slicing, simmering, etc.

rdu
JALAPENO
JALAPENO
Favourite Curries: Dhansak, Pistanda, Kashmir, Korma, Dopiaza

Post by rdu » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:54 am

I am getting more of an appetite while cooking. Just am probably a bit strange in that way :fun:

snoopy
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE

Post by snoopy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:05 am

I can just about manage a small portion of curry after cooking, I try to cook early to mid day if i can, Open windows etc clear the air a bit, I agree with Cerberus its pretty much everything you cook seems a struggle to eat after,

mickyp
SERRANO
SERRANO
Favourite Curries: Madras, Pathia, Ceylon,

Post by mickyp » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:18 pm

When im past the prep stage and actually cooking i really enjoy a beer and a nibble of a puppadom or 2 / 3, as for the curry i always tend to cook for later.

Westy
HABANERO
HABANERO
Favourite Curries: Chicken Phal

Post by Westy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:08 pm

I’m at the stage where I don’t ever eat a curry straight after cooking it , it just doesn’t taste right to me . Most curries and dhals improve for waiting - sometimes half a day , sometimes longer .
A curry can never be ‘too garlicky’ or ‘too hot’ .....

One Keema Naan
PIMENTO
PIMENTO
Favourite Curries: Dhansak, Naga Masala

Post by One Keema Naan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 pm

I get this a lot and I've always put it down to the heat of the kitchen. A couple of years ago, before it closed, I got a "Curry Station" in BHS, it's a hotplate with 4 lidded pots that you can use to keep currys warm, the bare plate is also suitable for keeping naans toasty.

Once i finish cooking I pop the product in the curry station, have a beer or two to cool down, then tuck in.

DarrenUK
CAPSICUM
CAPSICUM

Post by DarrenUK » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:56 pm

It seems to be a common problem. I certainly lose enthusiasm for eating it after I spent long making it. I tend to make mine a day or two in advance and leave it in the fridge. Microwave it on the day I fancy it. I started doing that just because I found it always tasted better the next day. Just got in the habit of it now.

Return to “General Curry CHAT (Guests Welcome to Browse)”