• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a member to access certain parts of the forum and will need to make 3 meaningful posts before you can access the recipe sections - REGISTRATION is FREE!

Your contributions are important to us - please help us grow the forum by actively participating - irrespective of your level of expertise!

Please note that your account may be downgraded to Inactive Member if you do not continue to participate and post and you will no longer be able to access the recipe sections (please see Policy for Managing Inactive Members for further information).

Alternatively, you may like to consider the Donating Member Option, if it suits your circumstances better:

August's Curry Club Curry of the Month is steveparadox's Pathia (open to all members & guests):

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

What do you like to drink AFTER a curry?

General chat about British Indian Restaurant curries

ONLY FOR TOPICS THAT DON'T FIT ELSEWHERE ON THE FORUM. TOPICS THAT FIT ELSEWHERE ON THE FORUM SHOULD BE POSTED ELSEWHERE ON THE FORUM
Forum rules
Nothing to be posted in this section of the forum unless it CLEARLY does not fit elsewhere on the forum.
Bromleydaz
CAPSICUM
CAPSICUM

Re: What do you like to drink AFTER a curry?

Post by Bromleydaz » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:58 pm

A nice hoppy IPA before, during and after.
I did have a Naga Chicken once that was so hot I had to chase it down with a pot of mint yoghurt, does that count?

Buntin1
CAPSICUM
CAPSICUM

Post by Buntin1 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:32 am

A nice cup of ice cold water :thumbup:

Masala1986
PIMENTO
PIMENTO

Post by Masala1986 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:25 pm

A salty or mango lassi works well after a particularly fiery curry to soothe the palate and tame any possible stomach upset; though I take omeprazole daily for reflux, so thankfully that doesn't happen often.

For me, an ice cold beer is the ultimate quaff during appetizer and main courses. Usually a crisp lager like Kingfisher when dining out; at home, my all-time favorite is a chilled Hoegaarden wheat ale. The hints of coriander and orange peel are the perfect pairing with just about any curry, biriyani or tandoori meal. Light and oh so refreshing.

Following dinner, you simply cannot do better than to sit and enjoy a pot of Darjeeling or a sweet masala chai. Cheers!!

jones3870
PIMENTO
PIMENTO

Post by jones3870 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:20 pm

I really like cold lager during and after a curry. Although it can be very bloating if you’ve stuffed yourself! Once my mouth has cooled back down, a nice red wine

Davymac
PIMENTO
PIMENTO
Favourite Curries: Vindaloo, Jalfrezi

Post by Davymac » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 pm

I've always preferred drinking water with and after a curry.
Even sitting having a curry in an Indian restaurant, I normally ask for a jug of water (instead of picking something from the drinks menu).
:):

soli98
CAPSICUM
CAPSICUM

Post by soli98 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:43 am

Red bull

Mpostlethwaite
CAPSICUM
CAPSICUM

Post by Mpostlethwaite » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:04 am

Ice cold lager, or if it’s a particularly hot one, a nice mango lhassi.

Papaz
JALAPENO
JALAPENO

Post by Papaz » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:05 am

Lots and lots of water :D

Willyeckerslike
CAYENNE
CAYENNE
Favourite Curries: Vindaloo

Post by Willyeckerslike » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:51 pm

I always used to have red wine with my meal and afterwards an Irish Coffee ☕

andrw
JALAPENO
JALAPENO
Favourite Curries: Vindaloo, Ceylon, Naga

Post by andrw » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:03 pm

I almost always have a calypso coffee after eating a curry (when eating out). Goes down lovely.

Return to “General Curry CHAT (Guests Welcome to Browse)”