• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a MEMBER to access the recipe sections of the forum. Please REGISTER and then become a MEMBER by following the link below:

Membership gives you FULL ACCESS to:

• OVER 300 BIR-STYLE MAIN DISH CURRY RECIPES
    • OVER 300 BIR-STYLE STARTERS, ACCOMPANIMENTS & SIDE DISH RECIPES
    • OVER 100 BIR-STYLE CURRY BASE RECIPES
    • OVER 100 ANCILLARY RECIPES NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR BIR-STYLE CURRIES
    • OVER 100 TRADITIONAL & OTHER NON-BIR STYLE CURRY RECIPES

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

Fenugreek Odour

4mylgl6
PIMENTO
PIMENTO

Fenugreek Odour

Post by 4mylgl6 »

Hi guys,
Has anyone ever noticed an unusual body odour after consuming fenugreek? My mom seems to have some conception that it makes you reek, and never lets it in the house, but I've actually never had any experience like that. It always makes me disinclined to cook whenever I come over, because it's such a great ingredient that I hate to leave out. Is there any truth to this?
ScotchBonnet
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE

Re: Fenugreek Odour

Post by ScotchBonnet »

You are what you eat. Methi, cumin, maple syrup can all be noticed in sweat. Mind you, if the house smells of fenugreek from cooking then you won't smell so different.
"There is no such thing as too much oil; just an insufficiency of naan".
Cory Ander
SENIOR MODERATOR
SENIOR MODERATOR
Favourite Curries: King Prawn Phal
England

Post by Cory Ander »

Yes, there is truth in that. Certainly, a strong fenugreek smell would emanate from one's pores after eating a ("old school") BIR curry. It's actually something I try to (and have largely failed to) replicate! Whether it's down to fresh fenugreek, dried fenugreek leaves, fenugreek seeds or powdered fenugreek is still open to conjecture (to my mind, at least). What form of fenugreek do you use?
CA (aka Admin) :)
mickyp
SERRANO
SERRANO
Favourite Curries: Madras, Pathia, Ceylon,
Great Britain

Post by mickyp »

Years ago I watched some game show where a woman by smelling the sweat of 12 people could tell what their last main meal was, I seem to remember she got them all correct, so there's your answer
snoopy
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE

Post by snoopy »

Yeah when i sweat in the summer my mrs tells me i smell like a walking takeaway, :yes:
Cory Ander
SENIOR MODERATOR
SENIOR MODERATOR
Favourite Curries: King Prawn Phal
England

Post by Cory Ander »

You must be a delight to live with, snoopy, bet your wife can't wait for the onset of winter! :lol:
CA (aka Admin) :)
snoopy
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE

Post by snoopy »

Lol i feel sorry for her the amount of curries i do. Yes it does actually seep through your skin after a period of time. I can understand why the dog follows me everywhere he loves curry, she even mentioned the dog stunk of it sometime back :yes:
mickyp
SERRANO
SERRANO
Favourite Curries: Madras, Pathia, Ceylon,
Great Britain

Post by mickyp »

I think the aroma of dried methi leaves is one of those that makes opening up my spice cupboard a joy, it reminds me of my fav supply store