• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a MEMBER to access most sections of the forum. Please REGISTER and then become a MEMBER by following the link below:

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

NEWS FLASH:

PLEASE NOTE THAT, WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT, THIS FORUM IS NOW A "MEMBERS ONLY" FORUM. THIS MEANS THAT ACCESS RIGHTS FOR GUESTS AND REGISTERED USERS ARE NOW LIMITED. ONLY MEMBERS (PREVIOUSLY DONATING MEMBERS) WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS ALL SECTIONS OF THE FORUM. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILST WE EFFECT THE NECESSARY CHANGES. THERE WILL BE SUBSEQUENT ANNOUNCEMENTS ON THE CHANGES IN DUE COURSE

Methi Help Required

lanerboy
JALAPENO
JALAPENO

Methi Help Required

Post by lanerboy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:32 pm

Hi All

I bought some Methi from my local Asian shop but then I found some other stuff also called methi and they are different so not sure which one to use

one is like a very small seed and a yellow / cream colour and the other is like a green dried leaf can anyone tell me which is the methi I need to use in curries

cheers LB

Dan Sak
CAYENNE
CAYENNE

Re: Methi Help Required

Post by Dan Sak » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:38 pm

Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaf) for most BIR recipes...

snoopy
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE

Post by snoopy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:46 pm

Hi LB, Dried Methi leaves and methi seed's differ a lot in taste, Dried methi is fine for add a nice smell and aroma to a curry, Methi seeds (funugreek) are very sour tasting, I wouldnt attempt to use the seeds in a curry base, Hope that helps,

Cory Ander
Favourite Curries: King Prawn Phal

Post by Cory Ander » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:40 am

Hi LB,

There are a number of pre-existing threads which should be of help to you:

Fenugreek Seed v Leaf
Kasuri Methi
Fenugreek Leaves (Dried) - Where to Buy?
Methi Leaves (Dried) in a Madras or Not?
Dried Methi - Shelf Life
Methi Powder
Kasoori Methi in the UK?

The "Search" facility (at the top right of the forums index page) should assist you with finding pre-existing threads on a subject.
Please make an effort to make at least 1 meaningful post each time you visit the forum

Regards

CA (aka Admin) :)