• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a MEMBER to access the recipe sections of the forum. Please REGISTER and then become a MEMBER by following the link below:

Membership gives you FULL ACCESS to:

• OVER 300 BIR-STYLE MAIN DISH CURRY RECIPES
    • OVER 300 BIR-STYLE STARTERS, ACCOMPANIMENTS & SIDE DISH RECIPES
    • OVER 100 BIR-STYLE CURRY BASE RECIPES
    • OVER 100 ANCILLARY RECIPES NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR BIR-STYLE CURRIES
    • OVER 100 TRADITIONAL & OTHER NON-BIR STYLE CURRY RECIPES

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

Fenugreek leaves (dried) - where to buy?

TheSpiceIsRight

Fenugreek leaves (dried) - where to buy?

Post by TheSpiceIsRight »

I've been taking an inventory of my spices with a view to trying one of the great recipes on the site tonight. The one essential I'm missing is methi. I've tried Tesco and Asda but they don't stock them and I don't have an Asian shop near me. I'm in Ayrshire.

Can anyone recommend where to get these? I was hoping to avoid ordering from the internet due to delivery times but it looks like that's my only option. If it comes down to that I'll just have to find a recipe without it for tonight's creation.
Cory Ander
SENIOR MODERATOR
SENIOR MODERATOR
Favourite Curries: King Prawn Phal
England

Re: Fenugreek leaves (dried) - where to buy?

Post by Cory Ander »

If the question is where can you buy dried fenugreek leaves, in Ayreshire, today, then I'm sorry, I can't help you.

More generally, when you're not in so much of a hurry, I suggest you try the internet or our Swap Shop..I doubt any of them will get them to you tonight, though ;):

You can make any recipe you like, without it, you may still enjoy it anyway :):
CA (aka Admin) :)
rfr
CAYENNE
CAYENNE

Post by rfr »

thespiceisright,i have been hoping someone would try the chillie coconut dish i posted there is no fenugreek in it and its my favorite final dish so far,if you do then brown the cumin a little first before adding the g/g.
TheSpiceIsRight

Post by TheSpiceIsRight »

ok thanks for the replies guys, I didn't really expect to get it before tonight but thought it worth asking.

rfr, I saw your recipe and I'll definitely be trying it once I get some coconut cream. It sounds very close to the Chicken Shakuti I mentioned in my new member post.

It's CA's chicken madras for me tonight. Washed down with several Becks.